Friday, February 3, 2012

Tiling question: How can I lower grout levels around pebbles after grout has dried?

I've tiled the shower flower with pebbles and left the grout level too high and now the grout has dried. Is there any way to lower the grout level? I've tried scraping but it's too much work, I was thinking of a wire bristle attachment on an angle grinder, but am worried about that hurting the pebbles. Is there anything we can wash over the floor to loosen the dried grout to make it easier? Any suggestions on a tool to use to scrape away the grout in between all the round pebbles? Thanks for the help!

Tiling question: How can I lower grout levels around pebbles after grout has dried?
I went through the same thing, and I hate to say, just about every professional place said the only way to do it without damaging the tile or pebbles is to scrape it by hand. Anything else may get the grout out, but it may also ruin what you have done.
Reply:How about renting a sand blaster? What you have is basically cement surrounding your pebbles. I'm not sure anything would really help.

practice dance shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment