Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I have written a poem about one painting, would you tell me how this sounds?

take a look at the painting here





http://www.impressionist-art-gallery.com...





"Terrace at Sainte-Adresse"



This is how I want,

This is what I need,

My “One Fine Day” to be.



While she was talking,

All I could see was:

Two inviting red lips.

Her impressions moisten my dry, desert tensions.

She bathed me with her warm breath.

I felt what it feels to be, sitting under a humid sun.

As the wind is touching,

Every single blade of grass,

Every petal of flower,

I find this touch, like her long and heavy breath.



These little, huge, living, dying, playing waves,

Are the blue prints of desires dancing in her eyes.

When I see doubt in her eyes,

I find these clouds above my skies.



This is how my “Terrace at Sainte-Adresse” feels to be,

Just like sitting under her carefree smile.

I have written a poem about one painting, would you tell me how this sounds?
Very pretty, why not send to a publishing house for more feedback?
Reply:I'm grooving on it. The line "I felt what it feels to be, sitting under a humid sun" is a bit awkward compared to the rest of that stanza.



Good work.


No comments:

Post a Comment