Monday, February 13, 2012

Can some one help me with a science field study conclusion summary?

Im supposed to summarize my findings and experiences. Based on my findings and experiences, im supposed to predict how the environment might change in 100 yrs from now. Then I have to explain what adaptations that plants %26amp; animals may need to survive in the environment in the future.



Here's what I have so far:



Sycamore Canyon Park’s environment is very peaceful and relaxing. My findings included sights and sounds of humming birds, little black ants, frogs, crickets, moist and dry dirt, gnats, sagebrush, flowers, mushrooms, animal tracks, rocks, algae, moss, tree branches, and creek water. The weather was overcast with a slight breeze of 7mph. I found it time consuming to witness the park’s environmental factors. Based on my experiences and findings, I think that in one-hundred years from now, Sycamore Canyon’s environment could possibly include new species. Some species that exist now could possibly become extinct.



I'm stuck. Could I get some help please?

Can some one help me with a science field study conclusion summary?
It would be good to know what grade you're in, but I'll assume junior high or high school based on what you've written so far. Your conclusions thus far are very vague -- basically, you say that there might be some new species, and others might be locally extirpated, in 100 years. That's a pretty safe bet, but your teacher will want to know WHY you make those predictions. So, what processes would lead to new species establishing themselves in this park? Accidental introduction, climate change, etc.? Similarly, can you think of anything that might lead to populations of any particular species disappearing from the park? Perhaps the river may no longer be there, or conditions will no longer favor the growth of moss, etc.



Also, in your description of your findings, you would be best off describing habitat (e.g., moist and dry dirt) and organisms (e.g., sagebrush) separately. Try to describe the overall type of vegetation observed (e.g., grassland, scrub, forest) -- that will make it easier to make sense of your animal sightings. Finally, there is little place for statements like "I found it time consuming ..." in a science essay. Focus on more quantitative statements about the characteristics of said environmental conditions.


No comments:

Post a Comment