Saturday, February 11, 2012

Strawberry plants help please?

I'm growing tristar and surecrop plants I got from Lowes a few weeks ago. They are in 6 in pots under a florscent light (12 hrs per day) in my den. We live in 5A (Norhtern NY). I planted them in the seed starter mix the guy in the store gave me.



The plants looked great and started to liven up and flower. but yesterday we noticed almost all the flowers are drying up. Leaves look ok but the pedals on the flowers are falling off and the berry doesent seem to be growing.

We've been watching them very closely as a project with my toddler.



Is this a disease??

Shold I pluck the flowers?

should I look for a new set of plants?



We were dancing with my daughter when the flowers first appered. please help. I dont have a green thumb as you can tell :(

Strawberry plants help please?
The first year you get the plant to take root and grow new runners. Yes, you might get one berry if you are lucky, But most people pluck them off so the plant gets big. The second year you look for the strawberries.

It take two years so keep it alive!



PS. Strawberries need bees to get pollinated so open the door and let the bees in next year when they are in flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment