Monday, February 13, 2012

Eco-Bio scavenger hunt questions?

I need some help on this scavenger hunt we're suppose to do in Biology. I have to find these 14 things, but I'm not certain what plants go along with each term. Can you help me figure them out? Here they are:



1. a nonvascular plant

2. a spore producing vascular plant

3. a gymnosperm's reproductive organ

4. an angiosperm's reproductive organ

5. monocot seed

6. a dicot leaf

7. herbaceous stem

8. an annual plant

9. dermal tissue

10. small fibrous root

11. a bud

12. a leaf adapted to dry environments

13. dicot flower

14. a seed dispersed by wind



If you can answer most of the things I need very well enough, then I'll be certain to probaly vote for you as best answer. I'm not lazy by the way, I have figure out some of them, but it never hurts to get just a teeny bit more ideas from other people. I'm also puzzled on where to find some of these things. I live in Houston, so I'm not sure if I can find these things around in this climate. So please try. Thanks.

Eco-Bio scavenger hunt questions?
It's a good thing you made that last disclaimer. I was gonna say.



1) Hepatics or Moss

2) Fern

3) Pine cone

4)flower

5)coconut, wheat, corn, barley

6) any leaf with a central vein (aple, maple, bean and millions of others)

7) a green stem of any plant that never develops brown (woody) stems. Like beans or grass.

8) Beans or flowers from your garden (except roses)

9) Cork or cortex

10) roots from monocots (grass, corn, wheat, lillies)

11) the tip of any small branch has one

12) Cactus needle, or a very thick small leaf (jade, for instance)

13) any flower with 5 or 10 or 15 (and so on) petals (magnolias, roses, apples, .....) Sunflowers and flowers like it are also very modified dicots

14) pine seeds, dandelions
Reply:1. moss

2. fern

3. pine cone

4. flower

5. corn kernal

6. maple leaf

7. celery?

8. daffodil

9. outer skin of a fruit

10. small root

11. maple bud, or any spring bud from a tree

12. cactus

13. any flower out for spring

14. maple heliocopter seed


No comments:

Post a Comment