Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I save my honeysuckle!?

I was gone for a week and assumed that my flowers would be ok with just the rain. Well, to my horror, when I got home it had not rained in more than a week. The rest of my flowers are ok now, but I can't seem to get the life back into my honeysuckle. When I left it looked beautiful and had a lot of flowers on it. Now it's dried out and looks horrible. It's been a few days and water and plant food have not done anything. Will pruning help? What do I do!?!?

How do I save my honeysuckle!?
That's strange that your honeysuckle died in just one week of not having water. Was it a brand new plant? Established honeysuckle shouldn't even need to be watered except once a week at most. Try trimming it back until you reach green. If, when you cut back the branches, you see green then your plant is still alive. Start at the top and work your way down. If your honeysuckle is dead there may be another reason.
Reply:I concur with sptfyr. I have a honeysuckle that we never water (unless it rains) They have a very deep root system. Pruning will help in two ways, it will give the plant the urge to grow and if you have a fungus or insects that have affected the foliage, this will take care of that. Just make sure and put the trimmings in a removal container or burn them.


No comments:

Post a Comment