Monday, January 30, 2012

Drying Queen Annes Lace?

Has anyone had experience drying Queen Annes Lace? When I do it turns a yellowish color instead of staying white. I make my own greeting cards and dry the flowers between pages of newspaper, weighted down. I don't have a problem with other flowers holding their color. Someone said there was a solution for this problem , but had forgotten it. I hope you can help me. Thanks

Drying Queen Annes Lace?
I have dried many different flowers . the best luck I had with Queen anns lace was to suspend chicken wire from my garage ceiling and let the stems hang thru holding the head up . they dried perfectly in about three weeks or so . this wire was where I also hung all my flowers for drying upside down in rubberbanded bundles hung with opened paper clips. white annaphalis dries pure white, be sure to pick them before the yellow centers open for best results.try roses. globe ammaranth, statice, babys breath , peonies, nigelia,strawflowers, grasses, silver artemisia,sweet annie and my favorite,pee gee hydreangea when it turns rosy pink ,its ready to cut and arrange as is, and lasts a year or more in low light.I had luck with the pressing petals with the other hydreangea varieties. good luck ,its so much fun.

platform flip flops

No comments:

Post a Comment